Monday, May 09, 2005

Shattered Silence

It's been a week since my last entry. Other than this unrelenting sense of paranoia, everything seemed back to normal. I worked overtime at work to complete the first draft of my video project. No strange phone calls, no "psychic" experiences, or other strange occurrences. The mysterious book remains on my bookshelf. All in all, my mundane world had returned.

And then it happened... Early this morning, around 3:30 or so, the phone rang. I groggily answered it, not awake enough to consider the possibilities of whom it could be.

Initially, I had to strain to hear the voice. But slowly I could make it out. In a soft, Italian accent, it asked, "You could see me, see all of us."

I asked who he was and started to wake up a bit more. The voice on the other side repeated itself: "You could see me, see all of us." Then he added, "You are now aware." And then the line when dead.

I hung up and could barely think about this brief conversation - I was still so tired. It wasn't until later that I really gave it some thought. An Italian accent? Too obvious - I guess he was supposed to be Mr. Tabellini. But who would have played a such a hoax on me? And why?

While I tried not to give it too much thought, the voice kept repeating in my mind. "You are now aware." What specifically am I aware of?

Probably this isn't even worth wondering about. But it is the first noteworthy incident in a week, I suppose. I'm not going to worry about it for now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Cooper said...

That gave me the creeps.

1:09 AM  
Blogger Drake said...

Hello Alice,

Thanks for the comment! I will keep adding more in time.

Take care,
Drake

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


DUI Lawyer